Tuesday 7 December 2010

Fate and Free Will

I haven't posted in a long while because I have been incredible busy - mostly good! But I had the most fascinating conversation with someone that I was reading for the other day and felt compelled to write a blog post about it. If you have ever felt the concept of fate, destiny and your free will confusing, I hope this helps you!

To be honest, it's something that I have long struggled with when it comes to finding the right way of explaining. Many people come to me for a reading with preconceived ideas of what a psychic and tarot reader will do for them and I like to be upfront about this so that they can walk away with the best experience possible. Ultimately, I find the way in which a tarot reading actually works to be the greatest possible guidance anyway.

So what do I mean by this? Well, a lot of people come with set questions and queries about what precisely will happen in their lives. They are in a predicament and getting some warning of what's to come is a comfort. I can totally understand that.

However, the problem with this is that fate is considerably more flexible than this - which is a gift to us rather than a hindrance. What tarot readers and psychics pick up on isn't really like watching a film of your life. It isn't playing out in front of us, with every part of it preordained and exactly the same whichever way you look at it or every time you decide to 'play' it. Basically, looking into your future is not like watching a DVD of your life. For this reason, it isn't possible for readers to tell you precisely what someone will say, what actions someone will take or what choices someone will make.

What affects all of the above things is free will. The cards will pick up on the important factors and will help you to see what options are available to you, to give you some idea of how to get everything working for you again. This may be in helping you understand where someone else is coming from. It may be helping you to see where the weaknesses are in your approach. It's helping you to see that you are not restricted to one path - powerless to do anything but follow it regardless of what's good for you. This actually empowers you, gives you the gift of choice and allows you to be the best version of yourself that you can be.

So basically, it's allowing you to write the end of your own film!

I personally find this a great comfort. To know that I am not destined to accept my lot in life. If it's bad, I don't have to accept it. If I am in a situation that is making me unhappy, the cards can show me the way out. It's not always easy to hear, but tarot always has your best interests at 'heart'.

So don't be disappointed if a reader cannot tell you exactly what is going to happen. If this were the case, you would be as stuck with a negative answer as much as you would a good one. Choice is freedom - embace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment