Wednesday 25 November 2009

Experiencing Symptoms of Psychic Ability

Many years before I did tarot readings I had experienced symptoms of psychic ability. This made me question who I was and what I was put here to do, but also scared me at times. It is a big responsibility and something you must learn to use wisely as you mature. The reason I bring it up here is because there is of course a big crossover between being psychic and reading the tarot. For those starting up now, some of you may have experienced symptoms of psychic ability yourself, and some may start to open this up in yourself as you progress. Neither is any more powerful than the other but you may find some slight differences in how this manifests in you.

General Symptoms of Psychic Ability
1) Psychic dreams. You possibly would have experienced these from an early age. They are not something you can control but can often bring you important messages.
2) Sensing when someone is going to call you, even when you haven’t heard from them for a while.
3) Called clairsentience, you will be able to pick up on the thoughts and feelings of others. This is a difficult ability to have sometimes and you must learn to switch it off as it can be a burden to be so sensitive to others.
4) Having images placed in your mind, either literal images of something or symbolic ones. For example, you may be presented with the image of a road to represent a journey in someone’s life, be it travel or even an emotional journey.

Symptoms of Psychic Ability Linked to Reading the Tarot
1) Sometimes extra details, prompted by the cards will come to you. Don’t be afraid to go with this as it is often what will build trust. An example of this is when you get draw a card such as the High Priestess and sense that a female figure is highly influential. An image of a sister may suddenly come to you, so go with this as it is likely to be presented to you for a reason.
2) Moods and strong emotions will come to you and this will show you the direction of the reading. The querant may want to keep their feelings to themselves or be looking for reassurance from you first so this is a good way of letting them know that you are right their with them.
3) Symbols can be placed in my mind for certain cards but I can have several to help me see the meaning of a card in the particular reading. For example, with the moon card I can get an image of a sepia tinged image of the moon to show me fears rooted in the past. If the card is showing me doubts relating to someone else in the querant’s life I will see the moon orbiting someone, always out of reach.
4) The position of the cards in the spread you have chosen will tell you what each card relates to, for example if it is showing you where the querant is right now. However, it is not uncommon for cards to represent 1 or more events in the querant’s life and this means you have to be a little flexible in how you interpret the direction of the reading. This will often be shown by drawing me into a particular card, even sensing some heat or a buzz around it. This alerts me to a more complex situation.

I hope this gives you an idea of how to look for symptoms of psychic ability in your tarot work and outside of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment